6/7/10

Invited to the embassy - again!

I guess I’ll be in Oslo June 24th. Received this invitation from the US Ambassador Barry White and his wife today to celebrate the Independence day. Of course I have accepted!

I met Mr. and Mrs. White for the first time earlier this year at a lunch at their house where the topic was social entrepreneurship. Something very close to my heart and a way of running business that I do my very best to run Bipper by. I hope to be able to spend the rest of my life supporting social entrepreneurship initiatives. Combining business with idealistic and passionate initiatives is the future - I believe. It is possible to both build a sustainable business and to run it in a socially minded way.

I was deeply impressed by both White’s. During my life I have met quite a few high profile personalities. Those who stick with me are those who are still passionate about issues. Those who are eager to speak WITH you, to LISTEN and to SHARE ideas. So many people seem to lose interest in common people once they have fame or high positions. The White’s don’t. I have seldom met people as concerned as them. We are so lucky to have them in Norway!

No comments:

Post a Comment