9/15/10

Peanut, banana, brownie cake- Yummi!


I’m not the best cook, but I love to bake. I think I have this after my grand-mother who made the most amazing and appetizing cookies. However, it’s been awhile since I made anything but “instant cookies” (life as an entrepreneur seems to take time away time from such activities…), but Richelle leaving us deserved something special.  I wanted to make something really good since she has meant so much for us.

I want to share a fantastic recipe with you. Chocolate, bananas, strawberries and peanut butter might seem strange, but this is something out of this world. I found the recipe in a paper when I was pregnant with Oda some 10 years ago and have made this on special occasions

What’s great 1- The cake feeds many
What’s great 2- it’s easy to make
What’s great 3- The base can be made by itself (great brownie) and be eaten with ice cream or fruit

Here is the recipe:
  • Part 1, melt 150 gr butter and 150 gr dark chocolate in water bath and mix together
  • Part 2 mix together 3 eggs and 115 gr brown sugar
  • Mix part 1 and 2
  • Mix in 100 gr flour + 1,5 teaspoon vanilla sugar, + 100 gr chopped walnuts

The mixture is poured in round form (ca. 24 cm) and put in the middle of the oven at 200 C for 20 minutes.

Let the cake cool down while you mix the filling:
  • 250 gr cream cheese
  • 50 gr sugar
  • 50 gram peanut butter

I always experience that this is a little too much, so you can probably reduce the amount of everything somewhat. I always seem to forget….

Put the filling on the cake and decorate with sliced strawberries and bananas. Melt the rest of the chocolate (should be 50 gr left if you have a 200gr bar) in the microwave in a small microwave proof bag, cut a hole in the tip of the bag and create a net of chocolate over the fruit. This is very simple, but looks great.

Voila, the cake is ready to be served. And it is delicious!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment