3/30/10

Bye, bye Miami


On my way home after  a few days on Miami Beach. Can’t even begin to tell you how great it was feeling the sun again (even if it was raining a couple of days) and to get some sleep. In a few hours I’ll be at home, with my kids and husband enjoying the Easter Holiday.

After a few hectic days in Las Vegas, I headed down to Miami Beach. The plan was to spend a few days there together with Are Traasdahl (founder of Thumbplay and new Business Advisor to Bipper) and my Chairman Svein Johnsen, but in the end Svein couldn’t make it and I headed for Miami myself. The plane was already booked and paid for, and so was the hotel. No refund was possible, and I figured I might just as well spend a few days there working from a sun-bed and getting some sleep.

And I can’t even begin to tell you how much sleep I got! The past few years have been extremely hectic, and with very little sleep. First when the kids arrived one by one and the nights were filled with breastfeeding and the mornings started early (yes - kids are a blessing and this is a period all parents will have to get themselves through, but a full night of sleep.... The best present anyone could give me!), and then (and crazily enough combined with the baby and toddler years of my youngest one) starting up a company demanding on average 80 hours of work per week. Little time left for sleep.....

But in Miami I finally had some days were I was in charge. Can’t even remember the last time I had a few days on my own, and it was pure medicine! Surviving the credit crunch made me into a workaholic, and my task for my Miami trip was to put my Mac away, read some books, get some sleep and relax as much as possible. And I did! What a treat!

And the work bit of the trip was just pleasurable. I got to spend a lot of time with Are, meet his beautiful wife and played with their baby boy. Cuddling with a 6 month old kinda makes me want to have another one, but the car is full - and so is my work schedule.... Three is a good crowd though - don’t you think?

I just can’t wait to see my kids again! I left for the US the morning of the 21st, and I’ll be at home again tomorrow at four in the afternoon. Brought tons of american Easter candy for them that the bunny can stuff their eggs with. Too much I think.... But that’s the way it is when I’m abroad - I come home with my suitcases full of stuff for my kids, perhaps (but not always) a little gift for my husband and hardly ever anything for myself. Except for orange items to mach my Bipper style. I’ll post some photos of my Bipper style orange treats very soon!
Can you imagine anything better?
 Unfortunately this was not my hotel...

This is my hotel! And the rain is poring down while I am 
trying to eat my breakfast. The sun doesn’t always shine.... 
I CANNOT recommend this hotel though. 
Stay away from South Beach Riviera Suites.

Beautiful beaches!




No comments:

Post a Comment