5/3/10

An entrepreneur's gotta do what an entrepreneur'a gotta do

Ok - I’ve just fallen into the group of sale hunters queuing outside a shop early in the morning, even before the doors open. But when you’re an entrepreneur every penny counts...


Last night I programmed my alarm clock for 06:00 this morning. Not because I had to catch a plane (which usually would be the case), but because I needed to go shopping. Elkjøp (a huge electronics chain) had a massive sale starting at 07:00. Luckily the store is located only a short walk from my house!

At quarter to 7 I left my house and was welcomed only a couple of minutes later by a MASSIVE queue! And I thought I was early and felt kind off embarrassed heading for the store that early and be ‘one of those people’...

Now I am, and I was by no means early. And except for having to wait for about half an hour before it was my turn to walk through the doors. Getting out again took much longer than getting in, but a few thousand kroners poorer and lots of computer equipment for Bipper (as well as a BBQ and a couple of DS ganes for my kids) poorer, it was well worth the trip. I kinda enjoyed the craziness of it actually. The queues, the sellers serving all us crazy morning shoppers coffee, water and chocolates and the fight for the best deals. It was fun!
The ambulance was in place and ready to handle
 the results of the fights for the best offers...

Four carts full of laptops and screens! 
We’re getting ready for more people!

Olav was in a great mood early in the morning. Time? 06:58!


No comments:

Post a Comment