4/13/10

SPRING IS (FINALLY) HERE!

Three weeks ago I left Norway covered in snow and headed for the US. When I got back 10 days later spring had arrived. Can you imagine? All the snow had melted, the grass is getting green, the trees are blossoming. It’s such a great feeling!

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve really enjoyed the winter. This winter has been special. We’ve had snow for longer than I can remember, and the kids have had the chance to go skiing or snow sledging every day. If you thought that white winters were normal in Norway, I must disappoint you. In some parts of Norway snow  for weeks and weeks is definitely the norm, yes, but on the west coast the normal winters consist of a few rainy days, a couple of colder days, great white snow for a few days, rain again (resulting in terribly wet snow), a few days without snow - but still rain, a couple of great cold and sunny days. And just about then the cycle starts over again. I would say that the great white beautiful winter days people think of when they hear about Norway are experienced 10-15 days a year on the west coast.

But this year we had a terrific winter with white snow, cold days and sun or falling snow for weeks and weeks in a row, and I loooved it! Now though, I looove that spring has arrived!

After work today my kids and I had a picnic on the balcony. My mom had made us an apple cake on Sunday, and today we enjoyed the left overs and a sweet melon in the sun. Such a good feeling! I love spending time with my kids, and unfortunately I’m not able to do that as much as I would have liked to due to traveling and busy time schedules. 

Once the testing is all over and the commercial phase has started, I hope to be able to bring my kids with me on business travels now and again. I remember the business trips my father took me along with him on when I was a kid with great pleasure, and I believe my kids will enjoy it too. I know I will enjoy having them there! 

Bergen - the most beautiful city I know! Enjoy!


. . . have to admit to that rainy days - well - are quite common!

No comments:

Post a Comment