4/7/10

Today is the day we announce that...

we have just signed a huge contract with Motorola. We have been working together learning to know each other for a while, but now - finally - the contract is signed and we can announce our partnership.

Our contract with Motorola is extremely important for us. Not only is it extremely valuably financially, but more importantly it means that we have secured a highly professional multinational company with a trusted reputation as our partner.

To tell you the truth I really can’t believe it! Three years ago it was only the idealistic me with a vision about a safe mobile solution for kids. Less than two years ago I secured my first investors. One year ago we were struggling to survive the credit crunch and were nearly bankrupt. Now we both win a prestigious award and sign an important deal with one of the largest companies in the world. I feel so small and inexperienced in the middle of all this. I’m just a mom of three with a dream and a stubbornness that helps me never give up. Somehow I’ve managed to take it all from nothing to where we are now, but I can’t really explain it. I have just followed my heart...

The deal with Motorola is truly of great importance to us. I remember my first meeting with representatives from Motorola. Five men in a suit and tie, and the blond idealistic mother-of-three from Norway wanting to create the best safety solution for kids in the world. Somehow they took me very seriously and started working immediately to be able to deliver what I needed - a tiny simcard that would let parents control how mobile phones could be used from an online administration portal. Motorola already had a similar card launched in China for banking services, but quickly established that the same client could be used for Bipper. 

I’ve had a great relationship with my contacts in Motorola for several months, and when we got close to the signing of the contract I requested that we did it in person so that I could have a photo to distribute with a norwegian press release. That tiny Bipper from Norway signs a deal with a multinational company should surely be of interest to at least the local press in Norway? I was told that a photographer was arranged, but what I was met by took me by surprise. In the meeting room both PR advisors, a photographer and a camera man was waiting. We did both a photo shoot and a video interview, and Motorola informed me that they were planning an international press release that would not only include text, but images, videos and comments. It quickly became obvious to me that Bipper is known in Motorola not only by the team I have been working with, but managers presidents all the way to the top. This makes me both humble, excited and extremely proud. 

We are about to set out on a long lasting journey together. I can’t wait!




Watch the interview Motorola did with me here.
After 6 months of working closely together and learning 
to know each other well, the contract is finally signed. 
Little Bipper and multinational Motorola are now partners!



VP Navin Mehta and other representatives from Motorola 
took Bipper out for a wonderful meal in Barcelona. 
Amazing seafood and great drinks. Think we left at around 2 am! 
Can’t wait for our get together in Boston in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment