1/10/10

Flying Virgin - and loving it!


Those of you who know me well know that I am a Branson fan. Never thought I was actually until I read ALL  his books last summer, but discovering that he’s an idealist too turned me into one. And having read all about Virgin Atlantic, I couldn’t wait for my flight!


I had great expectations of my Virgin flight. Having read pages and pages on the brand, Branson’s visions and Virgin Atlantic especially I couldn’t wait. But could Economy class really be any different than all other places?

Oh yes! Walking into the plane (this was only a two hour flight) we were welcomed by soft jazzy music and a high class club like scenery. We found our seats and got comfortable. Great leg space and a very intriguing entertainment system called Red waiting for us. I also absolutely loved the safety video (see below). Have never seen anything like it. Both Olav and I laughed so loud that our fellow passengers were looking at these virgin Virgin flyers. 

Reading the in-flight menu made me both laugh and get hungry. I have never seen a better flight menu than this, and I wanted most things they had to offer. I love the idea of only serving high quality food so that you get what you want, but pay yourself. I also loved the ability to search through the menu on Red and just order your food ‘online’ and having it brought to your seat. Didn’t order anything though, but brought the menu back home (sorry Branson!) as I just want to read it for inspiration of how to present your products. 

Why I didn’t order any food you ask? Because there was internet on the flight! Yes - I could check my mail, surf the net and Skype. Of course I had to try this so I skyped all my on-line business contacts around the world and updated my Facebook site from the air.

Branson - you’ve just got to love him!
Great lightning and soft jazz

Interactive media centers. See the video below!

Olav is studying the Red information brochure 
- ready to be entertained!





The in-flight menu is great - and you can order 
whatever you like from your Red screen. Perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment